Th3 Legends “Cast for a Cure” Big Bass Tournament
Sunday, June 3, 2018
Sanders Ferry Park | Old Hickory Lake | Hendersonville, TN
Join us on June 3rd for the second annual Th3 Legends "Cast for a Cure" Big Bass Tournament!
This unique, individual Big Bass Tournament will include celebrities, hobbyist, and kids.
Exceptional prizing for all levels.
Party In the Park begins at 10am, complete with food and live music!
All proceeds benefit the T.J. Martell Foundation's mission to fund innovative cancer research.
Host Committee: Mac Old | Ben Jumper | Misty Loggins | Leslie Finney | Bobby Mann | David Haskell | Becky Harris
Michael Harris | Billy LeVan | Kathy Devine | Mark Turcotte | Steve Knight | Chris McCracken | Danielle Breezy
Weigh-In Team: TNT Team
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Where: Old Hickory Lake | Hendersonville, TN
Hours: 6:00am to 1:00pm
(by 12:00 midnight May 18th)
|Kids (14 & under)||FREE||FREE|
*All Kid Prizes will be determined by the tournament committee and will be distributed at the end of the tournament.
**Only those registered as an Adult qualify for Grand Prizing.
***All entrants must be willing to submit to a Lie Detector Test.
- ONLINE registration will close at 8:00pm on Saturday, June 2, 2018.
- ON SITE registration will be available between 5:00am and 7:00am on Sunday June 3, 2018.
- This is an individual tournament--not a team event.
- All Anglers weighing in must present their current fishing license, a valid form of photo ID and their tournament registration number, which will be sent to registrants upon completing the registration process. Per the Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency, children under the age of 13 are not required to have a fishing license.
2 Weigh-Ins for hobbyists & kids: 8-9am | 12-1pm
Sanders Ferry Park & Boat Launch
513 Sanders Ferry Road | Hendersonville, TN 37075
|Weigh-In Prizes (8-9am | 12-1pm)||
Hyatt Place | 330 E Main Street | Hendersonville, TN 37075 | (615) 826-4301
Relax Inn | 179 W Main St | Hendersonville, TN 37075 | (615) 822-4240
Holiday Inn Express | 615 E Main St | Hendersonville, TN 37075 | (615) 824-0022
Party In the Park
Where: Sanders Ferry Park | Pavilion #8
513 Sanders Ferry Road | Hendersonville, TN 37075
Hours: 10:00am to 2:00pm
This portion of the event is open to the public and will feature live music, Jim 'N Nicks BBQ, Dunkin' Donuts coffee & bites, product sampling, & more!
Please read all official tournament rules and regulations prior to signing the entry form and/or participating in the tournament. The following items may be checked after contestants weigh in during boat checks. Violation of any rules regarding the following items will be cause for immediate disqualification:
· Fishing License
· Kill Switch
· Alcoholic Beverages
· Boat Registration
· Horsepower Rating
· Life Jackets
Tournament will be held regardless of weather. Should conditions threaten safety, please use caution.
1. All decisions of the Acting Tournament Director are FINAL.
2. All protests must be submitted to the Tournament Director in writing within 15 minutes of the designated weigh in.
1. This is an individual big bass tournament. All anglers must register individually.
2. All announcements concerning emergencies and hourly results will be shared by text messaging and by way of the T.J. Martell Foundation’s twitter account. To receive text message updates and announcements please be sure to enter your cell phone number on the registration form where indicated. To receive “weigh in” updates and announcements via twitter please follow @tjmartell on Twitter. Depending on your plan and carrier, data rates may apply.
1. All State & Federal penal code laws shall apply at all times.
2. All State, Coast Guard, Federal Parks & Wildlife regulations shall apply at all times.
3. All Contestants, including minors, must have proof of a valid fishing license for Tennessee on their person during tournament hours unless exempt. License must be presented at time of weigh-in.
4. Each person in boat must be a paid contestant of official tournament and abide by all tournament rules and regulations.
5. No one other than paid contestants or tournament officials are permitted in a competitor’s boat during tournament hours.
6. Any contestant found to be in violation of any tournament rules and regulations will be subject to disqualification from this tournament.
7. All bass caught by contestants fishing together will be disqualified if any of the said contestants are found to be in violation of any tournament rules and regulations.
8. Any person who has been disqualified from any prior tournament may be subject to being refused entry into tournament.
9. Tournament officials have the right to refuse ANY ENTRY.
10. Participants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult or have written permission from a parent or guardian. (See Registration and Waiver of Liability Form)
11. Anyone 14 years of age or under must be accompanied by a parent or by a guardian.
REGISTRATION AND ENTRY FEE:
1. Entry form with complete entry fee must be received before the start of the tourney.
2. ONCE TOURNAMENT ENTRY FEE HAS BEEN SUBMITTED AND RECEIVED, THERE WILL BE NO REFUND OR SUBSTITUTION OF ENTRY FEES FOR ANY REASON!
3. Early Bird Registration ($150.00) will end at 12:00 midnight on Friday May 18, 2018. The registration fee will increase to $200.00 at 12:01 am on Saturday May 19, 2018.
4. Registration ONLINE will close at 6:00 pm on Saturday June 2, 2018.
5. Registration ON SITE will be available between 5:00 am and 7:00 am on Sunday June 3.
6. Kids 14 & under fish for FREE.
7. Participants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult or have written permission from a parent or guardian. Anyone 14 years of age or under must be accompanied by a parent or by a guardian. (See Registration and Waiver of Liability Form)
8. All Anglers weighing in must present their current fishing license, a valid form of photo ID and their tournament registration number which will be sent to registrants upon completing the registration process. Per the Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency, children under the age of 13 are not required to have a fishing license.
1. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in Sanders Ferry Park.
2. No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed by tournament contestant nor are alcoholic beverages allowed in contestants’ boat during official tournament hours, unless tournament contestant is finished fishing/has had their boat inspection and polygraph for that tournament day.
SAFETY (THE FOLLOWING IS MANDATORY):
1. All boats must be equipped with some type of emergency ignition cut-off device (kill switch) on any remote steered outboard while main engine is in use. Ignition cut-off device (kill switch) must be attached to boat operator at all times while main engine is in use. Kill switch must operate properly. When the kill switch is activated; the outboard main engine must stop running immediately. However, kill switches are not required with hand operated engines unless equipped with one when manufactured.
2. Boat operator must show proof of valid registration.
3. US Coast Guard approved life jackets are required for each person in boat. Life jackets must be worn and fastened while main engine is in use.
4. No boat shall have a motor of higher horsepower than the approved Coast Guard maximum.
PERMITTED FISHING AREAS & HOURS:
1. All bass must be caught during official tournament hours. (6am – 1pm on Sunday June 3rd.)
2. All bass caught during tournament hours (6am – 1pm) may only be weighed in during official tournament weigh-in hours which are 8am – 9am and 12noon – 1pm on that day.
3. No fishing is allowed on Old Hickory Lake during official “Off Limits” which begins at 6:00 pm Saturday June 2, 2018 and ends at 6:00 am on Sunday June 3rd.
4. All pre-paid contestants may leave from any launch site on Old Hickory Lake. No casting until 6:00 am official clock. Official start-stop times will be determined by the tournament director.
5. Contestants may register the morning of the tournament between the hours of 5am-7am.
6. No fishing within 50 yards of a marina gas pump.
TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT:
1. All bass must be caught on artificial bait by casting. No trolling with big motor. Contestant may use only one rod at any one time. Other rods may be in the boat for substitute purposes.
2. Bank fishing is permissible, and all coast guard approved watercraft are accepted.
3. No electronic tracking devices (implanted microchips) may be used to locate fish for tournament purposes. (Depth finders and graph charts are the only exception.)
WEIGH IN, SPORTSMANSHIP AND CONSERVATION:
1. All Anglers weighing in must present their current fishing license, a valid form of photo ID and their tournament registration number which will be sent to registrants upon completing the registration process. Per the Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency, children under the age of 13 are not required to have a fishing license.
2. Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from every participant.
3. Caging, purchasing or trading of bass is not permitted. Any contestant found to be in violation, will be subject to disqualification from this tournament.
4. All bass weighed in will become the property of the Tournament and will be released back into the lake each tournament day alive if possible.
5. All contestants shall be required to bring their boat and respective partner(s) with them to the weigh-in site when weighing in bass.
6. Trailering is permissible.
7. No bass on ice. Bass must be alive to be weighed in.
8. All bass brought to weigh in station must be in weigh in bag with water.
9. No contestant may weigh in more than one bass per weigh-in period. Only one bass per weigh-in bag is allowed. Bass entered in the Big Bass contest do not carry forward from period to period. Your biggest bass is registered into the final overall standings.
10. Bass must be weighed in by the contestant who originally caught the bass and it must be in said contestant’s physical possession in the weigh-in line.
11. Any artificially weighed or preserved bass will be disqualified, and that contestant will be subject to prosecution under federal laws.
12. Any questionable entry will be subject to inspection by a marine biologist or similarly qualified expert of the applicable State’s Parks & Wildlife Dept.
13. Only Largemouth, Smallmouth, and Kentucky Spotted Bass (Black Bass) will be weighed in.
14. The minimum length of Largemouth to be weighed in is 14 inches, Smallmouth 18 inches.
15. No contestant may have more than three bass in possession at any time during official Tournament hours. One bass only is allowed to be weighed in during any Tournament period.
16. This is a mandatory catch and release program during for this tournament. When tournament is officially all bass must be released back into tournament waters.
17. Contestants are to be attentive to litter and should make every effort to maintain their trash in their boat and dispose of it properly.
1. Each contestant, including minors, by signing the entry form and/or participation in the tournament, agrees to submit to a polygraph examination.
2. Polygraph test may be given on a random basis and must be passed.
3. There may be random polygraph tests given after the conclusion of each official tournament period as soon as that period has elapsed. All contestants who have placed during said period, their respective partners and boats, if any must remain at the official Tournament site until said hourly winners are declared official. If not present, contestants will automatically be disqualified.
4. Any contestant determined by the polygraph examination or other Tournament officials to be intoxicated or on any type of illegal drugs at the time said contestant is required to take the polygraph examination, or in violation of Tournament rules, will be disqualified from this and all future Tournaments.
5. Any contestant found to be in possession of any illegal substance will be subject to disqualification and prosecution.
All contestants, by entering this Tournament, hereby agree to allow their boats to be boarded and inspected by Tournament officials at any time during said Tournament, and checked for items to include, but not limited to, their boat registration, Coast Guard horsepower rating plate, and boat contents to include live well, rod boxes, closed storage compartments, tackle boxes, life jackets, PFD’s and safety equipment. Refer to checklist above.
1. All prizes listed on tournament flyer and website are GUARANTED. Only the top four heaviest bass and the top six anglers in both weigh ins will receive prize money.
2. All Kid Prizes will be determined by the tournament committee and will be distributed at the end of the tournament.
* The above-mentioned rules are for your own safety *
For additional information or rule verification please contact: email@example.com